FIVE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT US
1. SilversJacobson is Steven Silvers and Paul Jacobson. You'll be working with us.
2. We help clients strengthen, capitalize on and protect their reputation -- their most valuable asset that is also most vulnerable to harm from the forces of hyper-transparency, real-time information and accelerated change.
3. We'll enhance your company's enterprise risk management (ERM) by factoring in the unique challenges of sudden, escalating PR crisis or controversy.
4. Clients like our principled no-bull approach, built on three decades' strategic communications experience combined with many years in journalism, politics and the military.
5. Our clients trust us to advise and make recommendations based only on what we believe is in their best interests -- never to create work for us.
Steven Silvers, Partner
Steve brings clients some three decades’ experience in complex strategic corporate communications, from M&A events and new technologies to media-fueled controversy and explosive crisis events. He created SilversJacobson’s Reputation Asset Management Platform (RAMP).
He’s held strategic communications titles at two Fortune 500 companies, the Pentagon, with two of the world’s largest PR firms, and as founder of an integrated communications firm that helped start-ups reach IPO and acquisition.
A recognized crisis PR expert, Steve has helped companies and organizations handle situations ranging from workplace murders to allegations that Denver’s new airport was “the biggest public works boondoggle in U.S. history.” He's helped clients through lawsuits and scandals, activist attacks, industrial accidents, product safety issues and sensitive investigations resulting in sudden leadership changes.
Steve’s corporate experience includes dozens of new ventures, significant transactional events and stakeholder initiatives. His industry specialties include energy, property development, hospitality, healthcare, communications and other areas.
Steve is a U.S. Army veteran with the Meritorious Service Medal. He majored in journalism and photojournalism at Syracuse University's Newhouse School of Public Communications. He writes the popular BadNewsHandboook.com blog, and is He is a frequent speaker on reputation management and crisis public relations.
Paul Jacobson, Partner
In his 30 years in news reporting, on Capitol Hill and corporate communications, Paul has managed hundreds of issues and crisis situations for high-profile principals in politics, major league sports, energy, technology and entertainment.
As an award-winning broadcast journalist, Paul covered presidential campaigns, government and big business before becoming press secretary to three U.S. Senators, two of them majority leaders, serving as strategic advisor and spokesman for congressional investigations, Supreme Court nominations and hallmark legislation. He also was communications director for U.S. Senate and presidential campaigns, where fast-breaking, high-pressure media environments are the norm.
Paul led corporate communications teams at several public and private companies, providing strategic counsel and preparing CEOs to be interviewed on matters ranging from new product launches to M&A, IPOs, governance, public affairs, investor relations and complex bankruptcy proceedings. He was lead communications executive for the entertainment company that owned the NBA Denver Nuggets and NHL Colorado Avalanche, and built the Denver Pepsi Center.
A New Hampshire native, Paul holds degrees in broadcast journalism and political science from Syracuse University’s Newhouse School of Public Communications and Maxwell School of Citizenship.
Active in the community, he served on the boards the Cable Television Public Affairs Association and Colorado Sports Hall of Fame.